5-Nights Mallorca Bike Tour
World-Class Cycling on Spain's Mediterranean Isle
You'll feel Mallorca's irresistible allure from the moment you ease your bike onto the road. Maybe it's the steep peaks and gorges of the Serra de Tramuntana. Or the nearly deserted back roads, where vigorous climbs and curlicue descents thrill cyclists of all persuasions. Or the sea fringed by secret pebble beaches. Come fall in love with it all.
5 nights from $5599 per person
Palma de Mallorca
The Balearics are comprised of 16 islands; the three principal ones are Mallorca, Ibiza and Menorca. Lying just 60 miles off the Spanish mainland, the islands’ lush and rugged landscape combined with an extremely mild, sunny climate prove irresistible. The Balearics boast cosmopolitan resorts with lively nightlife and plenty of sports activities. Palma de Majorca is the capital of the archipelago. A cosmopolitan city with sophisticated shops and restaurants, it also offers buildings of spectacular Moorish and gothic architecture. Museo de Mallorca housed in the Palacio Ayamans boasts an interesting collection of Moorish, medieval and 18th- to 19th-century art. Those who wish to explore the northern end of the island will enjoy the dramatic land and seascape of Cabo Formentor at the end of a long, narrow peninsula. A winding road with magnificent views leads to the luxury Hotel Formentor, beautifully situated above the bay. The lighthouse of Cabo Formentor is the most northerly point on Majorca.
Pollenca is a serene, simple retreat from the hubub of resort travel elsewhere on the island of Mallorca. Park in the lower town and explore by foot from there. Visit the Puig de Pollenca up the hill, where a 14th/15th century monastery has panoramic views of Mallorca's coast below. Now a hostel, the monastery has a few amenities, like fireplaces and restaurant/bar service. Other hiking opportunities are along the Cami Vell del Far.
This small and beautiful community that sits on the forested hills and lush countryside on the Balearic Islands is lined with blonde stones and draped with green plants and colorful flowers. The charming cobbled streets are filled with galleries, cafes, and bakeries. It is known to be the most beautiful village of Mallorca that transpired inspiration for many artists. One couple being Polish composer Chopin and French novelist Amantine-Lucile-Aurore Dupin also known as George Sand, lived here themselves. With small numbers of tours and visitors to Valldemossa, the town’s tranquil atmosphere and centuries old of beauty remains unchanged.
Valid Travel Dates
- 5-night hotel accommodations in Premiere Hotels
- Meals: All breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Snacks and beverages between meals
- Expertise and services of experienced Trip Leaders
- Additional guides and experts from the region on many trips
- Van shuttles to support a variety of route options
- Comprehensive Travel Planner with detailed pre-trip information
- Private guided tours at museums, historic sites, wineries and other select attractions as noted in the Travel Planner
- All gratuities at hotels and restaurants
- Special events, including wine tastings and other select attractions as mentioned in the Travel Planner
- On biking and multi-adventure trips, use of fully equipped Backroads titanium bike plus helmet and accessories
- Trailercycles, carriers, and kid-sized helmets for Family Trips
- Equipment and experienced guides for kayaking, rafting, snorkeling, sailing and canoeing as described
- Park and other entry fees
- Fares for trains, ferries and other modes of travel as listed in the Travel Planner
- Select coach transfers
- Baggage transfers and porterage
- Behold endless vistas of the turquoise Mediterranean Sea from the rocky valleys of the Tramuntana Mountains
- Bike the narrow and curvaceous peninsula road to awe-inspiring Cap de Formentor, at the island’s tip
- Savor delectable seafood and other local specialties during a meal at a former fortress on the Bay of Palma
- Wander through secluded mountain towns and stone terraces, lush and teeming with wild lavender and citrus groves
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
13108 Thomas Road NW
Gig Harbor, WA 98329
602-017-599 / 2058090-04
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.